Rule the Mind.Com

Set your own agenda for living

RMR - Metric Measurement

Some people call this BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) but BMR is a very precise calculation carried out under strictly controlled conditions. Most people mean RMR when they say BMR. The calculator below will give you a good enough idea of your RMR.

You use energy no matter what you're doing, even when sleeping. The RMR Calculator will calculate your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR); the number of calories you'd burn if you did nothing all day.

Knowing your RMR is an important part of any exercise and diet routine. RMR for most people makes up about 70% of their energy expenditure so getting the balance right in diet and exercise for the remaining 30% is not so daunting.

Remember, within a healthy, balanced diet, a man needs around 10,500kJ (2,500Kcal) a day to maintain his weight. For a woman, that figure is around 8,400kJ (2,000Kcal) a day.

Enter height and weight using Metric measurements below or switch to Imperial.

Sex:MaleFemale
Age:
Height: centimeters
Weight: kilograms
Your RMR: calories/day